- What does Radio Frequency do?
- Does Radio Frequency aesthetics hurt?
- Will it work for me?
- How long and often are the treatments?
What does Radio Frequency do?
Radio Frequency (RF) serves a dual purpose:
- For alleviating dry eye by treating meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD). MGD is the blockage of meibomian glands in the eyelids that prevents the secretion of oil into the tears, which leads to tears evaporating quickly. If you are suffering from Dry Eye Syndrome, RF helps by heating and cleaning out the clogged oil glands that line your eyelids. This allows for a healthier flow and quality of the oil, which is vital for maintaining a smooth and effective tear film.
- For wrinkle reduction and prevention without any needles, cuts, or bruises. RF waves heat, target tissues, and produce new collagen. These new collagen fibers are tighter and denser, leaving a smoother, healthier, youthful-looking skin. This firming action makes RF especially well-suited to the chin, neck, and jawline. It can also be used to tighten sags between the nose and mouth.
Does Radio Frequency aesthetics hurt?
RF has been carefully designed with comfort in mind to provide you with a comfortable and effective treatment every time! 99% of patients described the treatment as comfortable.
During treatment, you will experience a gentle warming sensation around the target area(s). Following the treatment, there is a slight redness on the skin which subsides within a short period.
Immediately following your treatment, you will be able to return to your daily activities. There is no downtime, allowing you to return to your normal activities immediately.
Will it work for me?
RF works on all skin types and everyone is a candidate. Treatments are primarily recommended for patients who have dry eyes, loose skin, and baggy eyes.
How long and often are the treatments?
Patients will be in the office for approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.
Treatment time varies and can take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes depending on the area being treated.
A series of treatments is always recommended, but every patient is different. The optimum number of treatments can vary, so patients work with Dr. Mago to develop a plan that is right for them!
If you would like to know more about aesthetics, please call us at (312) 640-2405 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every single thing “went right”!!!
The entire experience was excellent! Every single thing “went right” !!! Everyone was so efficient, thoughtful, and very kind in helping me out for anything I needed/would need. I even came from Indiana JUST to go here!
– Anna B, Out-of-state Patient